Nichole D.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I currently live in New Mexico with my boyfriend and beautiful daughter in The Retro Palace. I'm currently a student double-majoring in Cosmetology and Architectural Drafting. I spend what little free time I have knitting, crocheting, sewing, and almost any other project I have time for. I do occasionally eat and shower, but only if there is no knitting to be done.

SavingNine on Ravelry

----------------------------


Photobucket

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Dishcloth Knitting

I've been cranking out dishcloths for Christmas gifts, so I thought I would share my favorite pattern for them. This one is so simple, and you can make two dishcloths from one ball of Peaches N' Cream cotton. I'm sure this pattern can be found in multiple places, it is by no means of my own invention. Enjoy!

Knitted Dishcloth


Basic Dishcloth Pattern

Needles: US 6 straight


Pattern:

Cast on 4 stitches.

Increase row: knit 2, yarn over, knit to end.
Repeat this row until you ahve 44 stitches on the needle.

Decrease row: knit one, knit 2 together, yarn over, knit two together, knit to end.
Repeat this row until you only have 4 stitches remaining. Cast off.


Voila! A dishcloth! Speaking of which, I know some people are really anal about using their dishcloths for actual dirty work. I used one of mine to scrub the floor today, and I regularly use them for counter clean up. Does this make me a bad person? I mean, they're just so much more durable than other rags and stuff. Plus, they only take about 3 or 4 solid knitting hours, and they cost about 80 cents a piece. Should I really save them just for wiping off things that are nearly clean? I think not.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Dishcloth Knitting"

 

Blogger Queen Geek said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Right-o!

 

Blogger you da mom! said ... (10:09 PM) : 

those are awesome, i guess i just don't get the co 4 and you end up with 44 stitches deal. i am new to this, so i've only been doing knit and purl. haven't increased/decreased. ugh, i'm so impatient to learn it all!